Friday, July 12, 2013

What Women Want

Shh! Don't tell anyone that I'm telling the secret.

While most men, and women too, think that women have no idea what we want, it's not true. As women we have the prerogative to change our minds, but I think we all have an idea of what we want.

You know, life is short. We only get one shot at life and at love. There's no reason to settle for what we really want. There is always room for compromise, but never ever settle for something less than what you deserve and want.

So, I'll give you a list of general qualities that I hear women around me asking for in a man.

1. Intelligence.
Unless the woman herself is a dingbat, she's going to want someone to intellectually challenge her. "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."  Proverbs 27:17
Women want a man to teach her things and to learn things from her. It's important to find that balance though. We don't want a man that is constantly making us feel inferior, but we don't want to feel like we're teaching a toddler either. There's a healthy balance in there. You just have to find it.

2. Conversation.
WOMEN LOVE TO TALK! It's a given. Women could talk all day long about everything, but what this one really comes down to is having a real conversation. Women crave making plans with their man. It's what we do! And let's be honest, we will swoon all day when you tell us how beautiful we are and how much you care. Really though, most women would be content if you'd just take the time to engage in a real conversation with us. There is nothing sexier than when a man can recite something back to us that we said weeks ago. It's the little things that count, and this one definitely counts.
For me, if I can't engage in a conversation with a man, I lose interest pretty quickly. I'm also very observant during conversation. I remember important little details about the conversation, and in my perfect imaginary world, I like to imagine that the guy I'm talking to is doing the same thing. However, that rarely ever happens.
Intelligence comes in here too. You have to be smart enough to carry on a normal conversation with me, or I am soooo done.

3. Humor.
If you can't make me laugh, go on somewhere. Really. I love when a guy can be completely ridiculous with me. We all know that men are just big little boys. So, let out your inner child. I'm totally cool with it..

With that being said, next comes...

4. Maturity.
It's great to have those silly moments, but it's important for a woman to know that she's not dating a twelve year old mentally. I guess this too is linked to intelligence. Women, with the exception of a few crazies, want a real man. One that can be our protector, our safety, our best friend, our confidante. It's important that you be on a level of maturity in which you know when to take care of us, when to not crack a joke, and when to tuck in your shirt.

Lastly...

5. Romance.
We want to be wooed. Women love that sappy, chick flick romance. So, it's all fine and dandy to make her laugh, but if you can't make us fall in love with you all over again every day, you're wasting your time. Romance is important in relationships. Without romance, you might as well be friendzoned and thus roommates, or like siblings. It's not really a relationship without romance. So, buy us flowers (no matter how many times we proclaim we hate them because we're allergic), take us to see that new chick flick, light a candle or two, draw us a bubble bath and pour a glass of wine. Anything even slightly romantic with a little thought put into it will literally make us love you more.


Women aren't nearly as hard to please as men think we are. Now, I refuse to write anything about physical features on the list, because that's where the lines get hazy for women. We like all different kinds of guys, and for me, well... it doesn't matter what you look like. If you can meet the above requirements, I'm probably already in love with you.

So, fellas, just be yourself and the right lady will come along and love you. We really aren't that difficult to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment